Saturday, August 29, 2009

Typhoon Benefit Concert In Wuci

I went to a typhoon benefit concert in Wuci. I wish I had my camera when the full band was playing "I Love You Baby". You can get a sense of the size of the town from the crowd. I've already met the guy in the wheelchair. A nice guy who speaks good English and sells lottery cards outside the bank. His name is Lloyd. I had to dig deep to give some money to the box as I'm counting down the days until I get paid. I will be scraping the next couple of days, but at least I know I have something coming. The people who had their lives messed up by the typhoon can't say the same.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I think you're the same guy who left a comment on my blog (the entry about the Monster Cockroaches that invaded our flat) (oops I mean apartment - my kiwi roomate is rubbing off on me). Where's Wuci? I just got here at the end of June and I'm still learning my way around. really, Mosqitoes can fly up drains? *yuk*
    My email address is sharonelizabeth82@hotmail.com, so if you have a Facebook look me up sometime!

    ReplyDelete