Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Introduction

I've been in Taiwan for about three weeks. Culture shock has been stressful for me as I have not slept well since I arrived in the country. But, the school and the teachers I will be working with have made the transition so much easier. People in Taiwan are very interested in foreigners and very willing to try to speak English. They are also very willing to hear a foreigner try to speak Mandarin. It is amazing how far a smile and a wave will get you in Taiwan. I should also mention that I am one of thirty teachers invited to teach in Taiwan public schools this year. Therefore, I feel very fortunate for the opportunity to be teaching in Taiwan's public schools. Aside, out of the thirty foreign teachers in Taiwan public schools I think about 10 of us are left handed. Lefties normally represent 10-15% of the population.

1 comment:

  1. You will no doubt win them over doll! You had me at hello! I am so glad you started your blog...I will be watching! Muah!

    ReplyDelete