Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shopping In Taipei 101

I hitched a ride with a Taiwanese friend to Taipei. She was going on business so I did some shopping around the Taipei 101. It's a very affluent area with high-end stores. I didn't buy much since I was looking for more uniquely Taiwan gifts. I didn't come to Taiwan to pick up a Cartier. Anyway, it was nice to walk around and look at the Christmas decorations.




This is outside the NY Mall. It's was more my price range, but nothing very unique.
This is the tree outside of Taipei 101. Courtesy of Tiffany and Co.
This is a view from the top of Taipei 101. I don't know what the building is in this picture. I could still feel the building sway despite the 660 ton dampening ball near the top. It's the second tallest building in the world, but it does have the world's fastest elevator at 50 feet per second. It also has an outdoor observation deck. Coool.
I don't know what this building is either.
Taipei moving up into the surrounding mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment