Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

This week I have been teaching Halloween vocabulary and a lesson called Let's Draw A Monster. Let's Draw A Monster is a great way to practice adjectives, body parts, and listening skills. I'll say something like, "Let's draw a monster with a big head, three small eyes, and a big nose." You can be as simple or detailed as the class will permit. I draw one too and then use it for review after we are done with the lesson. Most of the classes really enjoyed this lesson.

Some students came by my apartment on Saturday for Halloween. I wasn't too strict with the costume enforcement. Halloween is not as popular or well-known as Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it's probably number three. Besides, it was Saturday and many of the students had class (I know...it's no wonder that I've noticed a few middle schoolers with grey hair!). I am the Clone Trooper who look like he's on vacation.


One of the students brought me a dish full of fruit. The shirt was a gift from the school for their Sports Day celebration. I got one in grey too.

1 comment: