Thursday, November 5, 2009

Earthquake

A 5.7 earthquake just shook Taiwan about three hours ago. There are no reports of damage or injuries. An after shock just hit about an hour ago. It was centered about 40 miles from where I live. The first quake hit while I was in school. The second while I was watching TV at home. My adrenaline is in overdrive. I felt my first earthquake in the middle of the night just after moving into my apartment in Wuci. And I wonder why I have trouble sleeping sometimes. An earthquake is a very unnerving experience, and now there is somebody in my neighborhood lighting off fireworks. They're lighting off the big boomers and the 'maching-gun' style crackers. Yeah, like that is just what I need to relax the nerves. They finished round four about 10 minutes ago, but I think they're done for the night. They usually stop before 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment