Friday, July 23, 2010

My First Weekend In Colorado

I camped with some friends in Lyons, Colorado. There is a popular bluegrass music festival in these canyons next weekend. This year is the 38th Annual RockyGrass ( http://www.bluegrass.com/rockygrass/ ) music festival. I have some friends in Boulder who come to RockyGrass every year. They camp the weekend before the festival to reserve good camping. The fields in these pictures will soon be filled with tents as 8000 people descend on Lyons (a small town with about 1500 residents).




This field will be filled with tents in a few days.



This is my friends' campsite on the river. It also has good shade. That is the advantage of getting to Lyons the week before the music festival.



Some cliffs near the campground. The climber in me always asks, "How would I climb that cliff?"








People tubing and playing in the St. Vrain river.




The road to my friend's house in the mountains.







My friend's house in the woods.





The wild flowers are still in bloom.





Something left over from the homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment