Thursday, June 10, 2010

Going Away BBQ

Well, it's hard to believe that I've been in Taiwan almost a year. Well, 11 months to be exact. It's a bitter sweet feeling for me. I have made some good friends and had many wonderful experiences. Spend a year anywhere and you are bound to leave some of yourself behind.

Some teachers from my school had a going away BBQ for me a couple of weeks ago. The table has holes cut into the middle where small grills fit. Everyone sits around the table and you just keep throwing food on the grill. We drank beer and ate for over four hours. A short list of the foods on the menu: sausage, beef, pork, oysters, fish, corn, peppers, mushrooms, and stuffed rice sausage. Instead of wrapping meat in bread they wrap food in romaine lettuce and top with veggies. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment