Monday, October 31, 2011

Things In My Neighborhood

One thing that is nice about Taiwan is the convenience. Within 50 meters of my studio/apartment is just about everything I could need. There's a dentist, a vet, 7-11, Watsons Drug Store, a catalog furniture store (order out of the catalog and they deliver to your apartment in a day), a cleaner and a laundry, a few pubs, several street food vendors, a sex shop, a pizza place, and a blind massage parlor. Blind massage parlors are quite popular in Taiwan. Maybe the government trains blind people, but it would seem that every blind person works in a massage parlor judging by the number of blind massage parlors. The massage parlor in my neighborhood is next to the laundry so I can hop in there for a ten minute head and neck or a ten minute shoulder and back massage for about $3 USD. Sometimes I will get both. It's not a bad way to kill some time while I'm waiting for me meatball sandwich at the pub.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about things like this- the random cultural differences. Keep it up.

    I hope you're well. Really glad we caught up in July.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete