Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Earthquake Truck Comes To Wuchi

So, I came to school the other day to find all the students crowded around the front steps and smiling broadly at a truck shaking in the parking lot. The earthquake truck made a visit to Wuchi. It's a small box truck that opens on one side with a mock room setup inside. The small room has a table and chairs and a small screen on the wall that tells you how hard you're shaking (it doesn't shake above 6.0 which is fine). There's room for about 5 to 7 people and then they make the room shake. Well, the students were having a great time. I mean, it was like an amusement ride, and they were getting out of class so you can understand their excitement. Now, I'm all for a little fun, but the educational value escaped me. I've lived in Taiwan for 9 months and been through 2 big and several small earthquakes. Why do you need a truck to shake you around? Just wait a few months and you'll feel the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment